For more than 35 years, Dr. Michael W. Rowe has created breathtaking smiles for growing and adult patients. He’s a perfectionist with a critical eye: Each patient receives a custom care approach that delivers a functional, stable, and aesthetically pleasing smile that lasts a lifetime.
Dr. Rowe was initially drawn to orthodontics as a way of helping people. He’s pleased when he’s able to alleviate a patient’s pain from from TMJ-TMD and enjoys boosting the patient’s self-esteem, too. He and his team members love watching patients transform from feeling self-conscious about their teeth to confidently smiling with their peers.
Serving the diverse Tampa-St. Pete area means Dr. Rowe’s days are filled with conversations with people from different walks of life. He values being exposed to so many different views and experiences and likes learning about new-to-him cultures and traditions.
His practice has grown through referrals from current and former patients: people who not only love their smile but enjoyed being in Dr. Rowe’s care. Although he’s serious about orthodontics, Dr. Rowe doesn’t take himself too seriously. You’ll be engaged by his wit and soon laughing with him!
By the way, Dr. Rowe loves Jack Russell dogs and he has a special pet: a marmoset monkey!
- Jesuit High School, 1971
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry, University of Florida, 1974
- Dental degree, Medical College of Virginia, 1979
- Orthodontic residency, Medical College of Virginia, 1982
Like all medical specialties, orthodontics is an evolving field. New treatment modalities, technologies, and materials are constantly researched, developed, and made available to practitioners. Dr. Rowe stays current on new approaches to care through rigorous continuing education. This allows him to provide each patient with the best and most up-to-date orthodontic treatment available.
Dr. Rowe has completed postgraduate continuing education in a range of areas, including:
- Treatment of TMJ-TMD pain and dysfunction
- Orthognathic surgery to correct dentofacial malocclusions with skeletal deformities
- Periodontics for adults in conjunction with active orthodontics
- Dentofacial orthopedics for growing patients
- Treatment modalities for adolescent patients
- Invisalign® clear aligners for children and adults
- Space management for young adolescents
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Florida Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Hillsborough County Dental Association
- Pinellas County Dental Association
- Upper Pinellas County Dental Association